I am working with the FOSSASIA community on the Open Event project as a part of Google Summer of Code 2016.
The community bonding period went pretty well. Worked on the OpenTechSummit 2016's website. Fixed a few issues. Got to know the team. :smile:
Now comes the coding period which started yesterday (23rd May 2016).
In the first phase, I'll be primarily working on creating a Scheduler tool for each event. Saptak Sengupta and myself will be working on this.
The Scheduler would allow the organizers to graphically schedule/manage the sessions in their conference/event. The proposed features for the Scheduler are:
- Drag-and-drop sessions into tracks on a timeline.
- Change the timings of the sessions by resizing the sessions' element on the timeline.
- Create a new event by dragging a time period on the timeline.
- Create new tracks.
- Switch between timelines of the different days of the event.
- Load existing sessions from the database into the timeline.
- Print the timeline or convert it into a PDF file.
- Export the schedule in different formats such as iCalendar.
The scheduler UI would not be practical on small screens (Mobile phones) and would be hard to use. So, we will be thinking of some alternative - a simpler interface for smaller screens.
Subscribe to Code Zero
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox