I am working with the FOSSASIA community on the Open Event project as a part of Google Summer of Code 2016.
The Scheduler would allow the organizers to graphically schedule/manage the sessions in their conference/event.
The following tasks have been formulated:
- Drag-and-drop interface to add session blocks into a timeline ✓
- Resize sessions to change time ✓
- load live data from the server using the API ✓
- Handle session clashes within a track properly ✓
- Add Track button that opens up a modal to add a track. ✓
- Search option for unscheduled sessions ✓
- Save each session change/update using the API ✓
- Option to Export timeline as pdf ✓
- Option to export timeline/calendar as iCal ✓
An umbrella issue (#349) has been created in the open-event-orga-server respository to track the progress. There will be a separate issue created for each task when that task is being worked upon and the same would be referred to in the umbrella issue.
We are targeting GSOC 2016: Milestone 4 (Due by June 12, 2016) to finish the Scheduler UI and we are confident that we'll be able to reach our target. *fingers-crossed* :sweat_smile:
To know more about the Scheduler UI, read Enhancing the Open Event Server: Scheduler UI.